Extron Electronics - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Former Intern - Applications Engineer in Anaheim, CA
Former Intern - Applications Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Extron Electronics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers are very friendly and ready to support new engineers, Family type environment, good compensation for an intern position

Cons

interns as well as full time employees have to clock in and out when they get to work, for lunch break and at the end of the day. HR is very strict!!

Advice to Management

Engineering managemnt needs to have it's own control instead of HR telling them what to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Extron Electronics

"Not that great"

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Extron Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There wont be any pressure for deadlines.

Cons

No one is willing to teach you anything. Learn by yourself. HAve to stay in office for 8 hrs even if there is no work

Advice to Management

Change your approach towards freshers.

"This is an education driven company that encourage employees to learn and teach new technologies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Extron Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I moved to Extron about 10 years ago and I am very happy with what I do and with what Extron offers me. Extron is well organized and divided into multiple departments that work together as big team to get projects done. During my time here, I have seen many people come and leave the company. The individuals who stayed are the ones who are eager to learn new technology and ready to grow professionally. Usually, the ones that leave are the ones that are still searching with what they want to do with themselves or the ones would like to work very little and be recognized. Personally, I like having multitasking, fast pace, and friendly work environment. With the skills sets that I have acquired at Extron, I could easily move to a different company but I choose to stay, as I know that Extron will keep teaching new technologies and the company is very stable. I really like the fact that Extron gives recognition to employees based on performance instead of seniority. This is a big plus as the majority of management team is young with great personal skills. One of my favorite department (beside my department) is HR, they will go above and beyond the call of duty to help you in any way they can with any insurance issue.

Cons

Yes, Extron does have clock to keep track of time but on every company there is a time tracking method. No casual friday. The school reimbursement is only $600.

Advice to Management

Please increase the school reimbursement budget. $600 will not get you far in this economy. Please stop stating up to including termination for fun activities like the picnic and Christmas lunch. I am happy to attend the Picnic and Christmas Lunch.