ExxonMobil - A very top-down and process-oriented company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

"A very top-down and process-oriented company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Work life balance
Low stress
Challenging problems

Cons

Process-oriented.
Creativity and innovation face inertial barriers.
Employee satisfaction is a low priority.
Relative ranking is based on reputation and extracurriculars (safety, united way), not work accomplishments.

Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil

1. "Great Experience! Definitely recommend it!"

Current Employee - Research Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

For this past summer, I had the opportunity to intern with ExxonMobil. It has been the most challenging and rewarding experience I have ever had, and I strongly encourage everyone here to definitely apply for it and take advantage of this opportunity. One of the most rewarding parts of this experience is getting to know and work with lots of industry experts. It is just such a stimulating environment for you to constantly challenge yourself for better work and performance. This is hands down the most rewarding internship I have ever had. After the internship, I have no doubt in my mind that I would like to join the company full time.

Cons

Extremely competitive environment, might have to go OT from time to time if you want to stand out. But it is in the meantime definitely a motivating environment

Advice to Management

A little less summer activities, and probably could be more audience specific and oriented, especially for candidates with advanced degrees

2. "Great company, poor at recognizing talent"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Technical Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

Benefits are stellar. Pay is excellent. Because it is a big company, there are resources to provide for training and conferences.

Cons

Career and professional development is limited. The company seeks to hire 'really smart and completely unambitious people' in the words that I heard from one senior manager.

Advice to Management

Provide for more opportunities for leadership for IT personnel. Let IT people supervise and manage their own kind. Bringing in geologists and petroleum engineers to lead software developers disrespects the IT personnel.