ExxonMobil - good | Glassdoor

"good"

I worked at ExxonMobil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unbelieveable amount of rules. Very rigid. Must be an engineer to have opportunities.

Cons

Highly rigid corporate culture, too many levels of management, impossible to get traction on new ideas unless delivered from top-down approach, too concerned about standards and process

Advice to Management

keep it up

Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil

"Wonderful"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at ExxonMobil as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to expand my skills and learn new software. My supervisor was very in touch with my work and willing to assist. My colleagues were also very informative on the nature of their work. I was hoping for education, exposure and experience and I achieved all three.

Cons

There were no issues during my program

ExxonMobil Response

May 20, 2014 – Recruiting Consultant

Thanks for the feedback. Our internships are consistently highly rated thanks to challenging projects and great supervisors.

2. "Exxon Mobil provides good career opportunities but has a rigid corporate structure and is not for everyone."

I have been working at ExxonMobil full-time

Pros

Exxon Mobil employees tend to be very bright and dedicated to their work. You get job security and opportunities for different assignments.

Cons

Exxon Mobil is a very rigid corporate structure and there's not a lot of room for original thinking. If you do not fit the culture or their idea of a good engineer you will not be happy. Their compensation is average compared to most large companies and below average compared to other oil & gas majors or energy companies.