Eze Software - QA a department defined by fear and negativity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eze Software

"QA a department defined by fear and negativity"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA
Former Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers, nice facilities

Cons

Some people have written novellas on here with remarkable clarity and depth about the QA position, so I will try not to regurgitate too much.

Interview process: A couple of questions I would ask in the interview process that might illuminate what the job actually is:
What is the day to day like for this position?
When I move on to a consultant what skill set of mine will you have developed?
What portion of the job requires computer science analytical abilities verse business analytical abilities?
The reality of the position from my experience is that you need about 90% computer science skills and 10% business. So be wary of this if you have business or finance aspirations.
Culture/Atmosphere:

Have you ever had a boss who says you busted your hump all week why don’t you cut out early today? Great, because you won’t at Eze. The managers following the MD’s lead have created a pseudo investment banking culture where your bottom ranking in the office hierarchy entitles you to subservient treatment. Your primary source of motivation is to avoid the ire of the managers. This sentiment is reinforced by their quarterly firing which typically happens a week or two after a new batch of recruits start because fear is the greatest motivator. There is a saying in QA “If you do something wrong you will know about it in 6 minutes, if you do something right you will know in 6 months”. I believe this culture is a product of all the managers having spent their entire professional careers at Eze allowing the fraternal hierarchy model to perpetuate so that the people who do stay in the company feel they are entitled to be difficult for the next generation ( Think seniors in a frat and freshman pledges)
My final though on the culture is their obsession with control. Your first week in QA the MD will pull you into a room and give you a speech about image and perception within the company. Basically saying if you aren’t working and acting professional at all times you will not succeed (two weeks later someone is fired so you draw your own conclusions as to what that means). He encourages you to eat at your desk and to walk briskly and with purpose to the bathroom and back. As a result everyone is afraid to leave the office before the accepted departure time of 6 or when Nemo hit this winter we weren’t allowed to leave until an hour after every other department deemed it was in safety’s best interest to leave.

Advice to Management

Make the managers go to graduate school or have some external influence

Other Employee Reviews for Eze Software

"Dynamic Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Eze is a dynamic place with lots of changes. It's tough to get bored there even after years and years of employment there. The people working there are the biggest advantage. Everybody is very friendly.

Cons

The work/life balance can be better but then again Eze is in the financial services industry. If you're looking for a slow-paced work place, this is not the company for you.

"Intern/Co-Op"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Eze Software as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture! I loved everyone that I worked with. You will work hard and they will give you actual responsibility as an intern, not just the work that others do not want to do! Pay is also fair.

Cons

Fort Point is out of the way for schools in the Boston area