1. "Great Place To Work"

in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr

Pros

F.H. Furr is a pofessional, organized and forward thinking organization. The company provides job security and the ability to further your career and move up. I have been employed here for over 10 years and would not consider working for another company in this industry. If you are dedicated to being successful and willing to work in a team environment, this is a good place to work.

Cons

The company is fairly large (for the home improvement industry) and they owe much of there success to having good processes and procedures. Accountability is a must here, some may view this as a con but the pros of giving our customers a consistent, professional experience certainly outweigh the cons of following a process.

Continue reading

F.H. Furr Response

July 21, 2016Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Thanks for making time to give us some great feedback. It's always good to see an employee with double digit years of employment with us! We definitely want our employees to feel like their jobs are secure. We place a high value on those employees who are dedicated to being personally successful and making the company more successful and hope to keep them employed here for the duration of their careers. We do have a lot of procedures that may seem cumbersome at times, but there is usually a good reason behind doing things the way we do and ultimately the procedures help ensure that our customers are getting the best value and service they deserve. Thanks for the advice as well. We definitely like to promote from within when we are able to and I think we're doing a great job across the board in regards to developing talent. Can't ever get good enough!

Other Employee Reviews

"Absolutely the Best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with F.H. Furr for over a year and have been consistently impressed with the professionalism and integrity of the organization. Furr cares about their employees AND customers, and showcases this in upholding a clearly defined set of Core Values that focus on a commitment to training & professional development, social responsibility, and ethical behavior. The company has shown me nothing but consistent follow through, and have set clear expectations for performance across the board. They pay well for all roles in our region, and expect employees to meet the high standards that we set in serving each other and our community. Overall, I have been very happy with my move to F.H. Furr and they have succeeded in fully engaging me as an employee.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints about the company or culture. If you are willing to put in the work that is asked of you and aren't afraid to ask for guidance when it is needed, you tend to be successful at Furr. The only thing I would recommend is enhancing some of the more dated benefits packages such as vacation vs. sick leave or the 401K matching.

2. "Good company solid management no complaint"

Current Employee - Plumber Apprentice in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy interview willing to train

Cons

None that I have encountered so far

Discover more reviews about F.H. Furr.