F. Schumacher - It was fulfilling, allowing me to create lasting connections with colleagues and advance my career doing what I love | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for F. Schumacher

"It was fulfilling, allowing me to create lasting connections with colleagues and advance my career doing what I love"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern; Freelance Marketing in New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Intern; Freelance Marketing in New York, NY

Pros

The company is a 5th generation family owned company, and a leader in its industry. Schumacher's products have a long history, one that is intertwined with the history of our country. The people at F. Schumacher & Co. are wonderful, positive and work hard. Due to the fact that Schumacher is a fifth generation family owned company, the workplace environment is very warm, there is a strong work ethic as well as a commitment to upholding strong values.

Cons

Opportunity for promotion is a bit low at the moment. In December the company hired a new CEO, and management is currently restructuring the company. I anticipate that this will change in the coming months.

Advice to Management

There is a tremendous opportunity for the company to capitalize on its rich history, and truly set itself apart from the company's competitors. Through the expansion of social media outlets, and creative advertisement and collateral materials I believe that Schumacher can gain a competitive edge.

Other Employee Reviews for F. Schumacher

"F. Schumacher is still a good company to work for depending upon your area of expertise."

Former Employee - Vice President in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Vice President in Newark, DE

Pros

Exposure to the textile industry, sales and service training.

Cons

The textile industry is consolidating so their business has been shrinking leading to layoffs and cuts in employee benefits. It is a tough atmosphere due to the business climate but they still have a lot of quality people. They are having the same hardships as their peers in this economic downturn.

Advice to Management

Get out more and find out what is new in the industry. Be an innovator. Update your product look and style. Their designs are more traditional than what a lot of today's consumers are looking for. They also need to source product better.

2. "Paternal atmosphere brings positives and negatives."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Warm and caring environment. Beautiful products, surrounded by design all the time. Small company makes it easy to know most of the players.

Cons

Things often happen a lot more slowly than they should. There is not nearly enough communication vertically or horizontally throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

More large meetings. It's easy to do in a small company. The biggest risk is taking no risks at all.