F5 Networks - Believe the Awards | Glassdoor

"Believe the Awards"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

F5 has received numerous awards for being a great place to work. I have spent time directly working in the offices of other tech giants or as an employee of those companies and non of them compare.

1. Interesting work - Check
2. Smart, hardworking co workers - Check
3. Good Benefits - Check
4. Strong Compensation Package - Check
5. Work/Life Balance - Check
6. Industry Leader - Check
7. Focus on Employee retention - Check

F5 understands that the employees are strategic assets and goes OUT OF ITS WAY to ensure that once you work for F5 you do not want to work anywhere else.

I have had many jobs where I have thought how will this lead to my next position in the next 2 or 3 years. With F5 I am focused on where my career with F5 will go.

Cons

Have not had any come up in the last year.

Advice to Management

Increase the transparency between Product Development and Systems Engineers / Support teams. The SE and Support organizations have a tremendous amount of contact with our customers and having better vision into the future of the products can help create a positive feed back loop.

Other Employee Reviews for F5 Networks

1. "Review for Corporate Account Manager job at F5 Networks"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Probably one of the most fun work environments I've ever been apart of. The company has an employee party that starts at 3pm every Friday in their game room. Beer, soda, water and snacks are provided. The culture is very relaxed and they have almost no dress code. The company has some great processes in place to continue to scale operations.

Cons

The only downside is that a lot of the sales staff have formed a relatively tight clique. If you found yourself outside of the clique, you will still enjoy your work, although you will seem like an outsider in the office on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job here. Continue to dump money into Research and Development because the investment that has been made in this department has put F5 on the cutting-edge of what they do. Spend the money to get the best Systems Engineers, because the customers were consistently impressed with their knowledge and viewed them as a buying resource.

"F5 really is great.... believe what you hear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Successful companies are happy companies. F5 continues to be very successful. We sell great products that other companies LOVE.

Cons

Problem employees are allowed to hang around too long. Management is really weak in dealing with negative situations.

Advice to Management

Walk around more. Leave the Exec Suite; witness the work that people are doing to make the company a success.