F5 Networks - Root-cause analysis -- not business as usual | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance (team-dependent)" (in 112 reviews)

• "Great benefits: family plans for HDHP health are at no monthly cost to the employee" (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unless you're ok with not advancing your career and nothing to add to your resume in exchange for some benefits and work/life balance flexibility" (in 16 reviews)

• "Useless/brainless middle management and uncaring higher ups (who all seem to have absolutely no employee loyalty)" (in 24 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Root-cause analysis -- not business as usual"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great at identifying (really and honestly) what the sticking points are. They discuss setbacks openly and almost welcome them as the inevitable price you pay to build better stuff. It's refreshing to work in a company so motivated to deal with their own issues -- and not have it just be lip-service, as in other places I have worked.

Cons

Continuous improvement is one mainstay of the culture, and productivity is the other. It seems like most employees have to *improve* their jobs and *do* their jobs at the same time. (There is no "steady state.") Because of this dual mandate, the work day is just packed -- there's little down-time to soak it all in, to stop and have lunch with coworkers, etc. Once at work, you are at work, period. (It's a good thing that most people like the work that they do.)

Advice to Management

Keep up the candor, the self-reflection, and the listening to employees in the trenches. It'll pay dividends.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good compony to work"

Former Employee - QA Engineer II in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer II in San Jose, CA

I worked at F5 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work and get experience, good benefits

Cons

Nothing especially of concern to me.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at F5 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and salary are very good and it's a flexible work environment. Leadership seems genuinely concerned.

Cons

Less collaborative than other places I've worked. Not the friendliest, in general. My first job in the tech sector, so maybe this is the norm?
    Awkward location for a commute and transit benefit isn't very good compared to others in the Seattle area.

Discover more reviews about F5 Networks.