FARO Technologies - Halt die Klappe! | Glassdoor

"Halt die Klappe!"

Current Employee - Sales in Stuttgart

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent benefits. The tech is top notch. There is potential to be a great place to work. Amazing colleagues that stick together and support each other.

Cons

There are several of the regional leadership/management team that could benefit from training on how to treat people with respect. An exapmle of this is a VP that uses the signature line “Are you MBA?” Married but Available… How creepy is that? You would expect someone of his level to know better and behave accordingly. Hopefully, this will give others the courage to come forward and expose him for who he really is. Another example happened at our last holiday party in front of hundreds of employees. He yelled at the top of his lungs telling us to “halt die Klappe” which translates to “Shut your mouths”. Dogs are treated with more respect. I’m surprised we didn’t have a repeat of this during the CEO visit at the company barbeque. Maybe because, he was on his best behaviour and too busy shielding the regular employees from talking to the new CEO. I really hope there is another survey, that will allow the regular employees to voice their opinion directly to the new CEO.

Advice to Management

Hopefully, you love FARO as much as we do and will make it better.

FARO Technologies2019-08-13

"Great Company Investing in People & Technology"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Team is always engaging and proactive in getting me the tools and support I need; Very competent colleagues with vast knowledge of their respective disciplines; There is always a push to make our products better for the customer with heavy R&D including customer input; FARO products & service are superior compared to competition based on technology, user interfaces and customer support - according to prospects I visit; tons of room for growth of sector technology and customer base -Construction BIM in my case; Personal professional growth is huge for me- so much to learn about complete work flow;

Cons

If you're not the adaptable type or don't like change it may be a con; If you're not the engaging or proactive type it may be a con;

Advice to Management

Continue the growth trajectory, investing in smart people and R&D

FARO Technologies2019-09-06

"Too unsettled"

Former Employee - Product Manager Coordinator

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People to work with. Great collaborating and supportive environment.

Cons

They are not settled in their reorganization yet. I was hired and told senior management was 100% this newly created decision. 2 months later I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Before you go through the motions of hiring people make sure you are settled in from a high-level perspective. I may have been just a number and cut to make numbers but there are people attached to that number who have lives and obligations. It was a very bad decision to move forward with creating a role knowing you were not completely settled from a higher level.

FARO Technologies2020-01-11

Discover more reviews about FARO Technologies.