FARO Technologies - Would the last one here please turn out the light | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FARO Technologies

"Would the last one here please turn out the light"

Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA
Former Employee - Generally Unappreciated Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Pros

The hourly workers and temps were really nice and down to earth. Very smart and talented people who care about doing the right thing. Not much backstabbing or gossip out of that lot.

Cons

It seemed to me that things were moving in a very regimented, corporate direction. Out was free thinking and creativity. In was new management from HQ and "this is how you should think, this is how you should feel".And LOT'S of doublespeak. I'm actually GLAD they asked me to leave because I may not have on my own. It seemed to me like a company (or at least a division) being run into the ground by management.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Stop with the whole "I can't do anything to help you because THEY won't let me"
 charade. It's obviously not a company that cares about it's employees so why portray it that way?

Other Employee Reviews for FARO Technologies

"Ride's over. Time to look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Small company feel. lots of areas for growth. better senior management could make it an outstanding company. company has become a known source of high quality products so industry acceptance is very good. very young staff is several areas.

Cons

company grew too fast. decisions are made without thought of the consequences, usually because it's what the competition is doing. Quality has gone downhill due to some very bad decisions involving "lowest cost" bidders on projects. employees are treated as a liability instead of an asset and most long tenured employees have left the company.

Advice to Management

Think before making kneejerk reactions. Don't copy the competitions mistakes. Go back to what we do best and stop experimenting.

2. "Human Resources Generalist"

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent location and office environment

Cons

Long work hours and heavy work load