FARO Technologies - Great company, wish I could have stayed | Glassdoor

"Great company, wish I could have stayed"

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time

Pros

My experience at Faro didn't last very long (7 months), but Iin that time it was a great experience. The products were great, the people were top notch, and the company ran relatively efficiently compared to other companies I have worked for.

Cons

The main complaint I have is that the company was completely driven by stock performance. Any sudden change in stock price resulted in sudden change. Knee jerk reaction would be a good description. Right now, they don't have a CEO. He quit the same day 8% of the workforce was terminated. I'm hoping that a new CEO can come onboard and get the company going in the right direction. The potential is there for the company to perform well again.

Advice to Management

Get the board of directors under control.

FARO Technologies2016-02-10

"Great Company Investing in People & Technology"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Team is always engaging and proactive in getting me the tools and support I need; Very competent colleagues with vast knowledge of their respective disciplines; There is always a push to make our products better for the customer with heavy R&D including customer input; FARO products & service are superior compared to competition based on technology, user interfaces and customer support - according to prospects I visit; tons of room for growth of sector technology and customer base -Construction BIM in my case; Personal professional growth is huge for me- so much to learn about complete work flow;

Cons

If you're not the adaptable type or don't like change it may be a con; If you're not the engaging or proactive type it may be a con;

Advice to Management

Continue the growth trajectory, investing in smart people and R&D

FARO Technologies2019-09-06

"Too unsettled"

Former Employee - Product Manager Coordinator

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People to work with. Great collaborating and supportive environment.

Cons

They are not settled in their reorganization yet. I was hired and told senior management was 100% this newly created decision. 2 months later I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Before you go through the motions of hiring people make sure you are settled in from a high-level perspective. I may have been just a number and cut to make numbers but there are people attached to that number who have lives and obligations. It was a very bad decision to move forward with creating a role knowing you were not completely settled from a higher level.

FARO Technologies2020-01-11

Discover more reviews about FARO Technologies.