FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles - A good place to work yourself to death. | Glassdoor

"A good place to work yourself to death."

Former Employee - Industrial Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging workplace with many opportunities to suggest improvements to processes and work on something that matters. Good pay if you can move beyond a contract position. Some really great people work here and if you're lucky you'll have a good manager like I did.

Cons

If you don't want to get behind in your job, you need to work extra hours and give all of your energy to the work. My job required too much work for me to survive long term. I spend two years giving it everything at the expense of my family and health. I developed some major life long health conditions as a result of the severity and demands of my job. Wish I could go back and pick a different path. Getting laid off after my disability leave was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, treat employees less like robots.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-11-06
  1. "Good"

Current Intern - SWE

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for more than a year

Pros

Smart group of people, lots of resources to help new employees get started. Nice campus.

Cons

Bureaucracy sometimes impedes progress. Since company is so large, some groups your work feels unappreciated or non impact ful.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2020-01-15
  2. "Test Engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles"

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Consultant - Home Electronics in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits in terms of vacation time and holidays

Cons

Extremely disorganized company. Different groups don’t work together. Everything is done individually by groups and no communication or cooperation.

Advice to Management

Give employees clearly defined roles and responsibilities

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.