FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles - Company on the up, great place to work, good environment | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

"Company on the up, great place to work, good environment"

Former Intern - Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
Former Intern - Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is definitely recovering well from the economic downturn, positive workplace environment, very helpful and collaborative culture. The HQ is a beautiful campus.

Cons

Not much to complain about, as with many corporate environments tasks sometimes take a bit longer than they should, but still achieved a significant amount in a short summer

Other Employee Reviews for FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

1. "There is something better."

Pros

Good money and benefits also..

Cons

Long hours, big time stress

"Good pay and professional experience, awful management/leadership"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you well right off the bat. Younger professionals or recent college grads will love the pay at first. Very hard to find a company that will pay their employees that have little or no professional experience that much money. Once you're in the field, you get a free company car, free auto insurance and free gas.

Cons

I appreciated the opportunities given to me and the experience I gained, but every employee frequently considers quitting throughout their time with Chrysler. Management treats you like dirt, very unprofessional and disrespectful. They way the majority of employees talk about minorities and women is disgusting and inappropriate. I can't imagine working for Chrysler as a woman. Your supervisors threaten your job on a weekly basis for things that are clearly out of your control. Forget about job security...there is none. If, for any reason, your supervisors don't like you, they'll make life for you a living hell until you quit (apparently firing people is a difficult process). They'll call you out in front of your peers and intentionally make you feel like a moron until you leave the company. You have no say in relocation...your expected response is "yes sir". They tell you to jump and you say "how high". Some very unethical managers within this company.

Expect to work every weekend, holidays included.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings. If you can't manage to do that, just retire already. There's no room in a professional work environment for the ethnic and racial slurs that I heard on a DAILY basis. The most important piece of advice I have is to actually LEAD and ENCOURAGE your employees. You can't motivate your team by yelling, cursing and threatening their job. That makes everyone want to try LESS...not more.