FCCI Insurance Group - Great Company! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance has declined due to overzealous IT projects and increasing workload for everyone" (in 3 reviews)

• "Unless you're in the click or blonde and a size 2 forget about going anywhere" (in 2 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Product Management Specialist in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Product Management Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at FCCI Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FCCI is a diamond in the rough. I have worked for several large insurance companies throughout my career, and I have NEVER felt valued the way that I do here. Teammates are given the opportunity to meet with the CEO Craig during "Coffee with Craig" and pose questions, provide feedback and hear more about the direction of our company. We also have annual holiday parties for both adults and children (both FREE), turkeys given out to our families at Thanksgiving, a month of charitable giving concluded with a day of Halloween fun at Fall Fest, and several other events throughout the year that really promotes the culture of family with accountability. I moved to Florida from out of state, and the HR department made sure that I felt welcomed, and checked in from time to time my first year.
The department I work in is growing, and my teammates are exceptional people. We all work together, and there is no back stabbing or "not my job" attitudes. Management is fair, helpful, and treats you like you matter, which is right in line with FCCI's culture.
I am incredibly thankful that I received the opportunity to work for this company, and I am excited to see where we go in the future.

Cons

I don't have a single con at the moment.

Advice to Management

None

Dec 20, 2018 – Corporate Communications

We're glad to have you as part of the FCCI team! You've named many of the events that help make our culture special, but it really all hinges on teammates coming together. Thank you for being a part... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Architect in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Architect in Sarasota, FL

I worked at FCCI Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Benefits and work environment OK for Sarasota.

Cons

Most of the old timers have something on one another, thus you will see people promoted passed their skill set to keep them quiet. Wonder how that HR person got on the board? Wonder why VPs go from IT to Operations? HR protects the ones at the top and the rest of the worker drones, not so much. HR also posts fake positive reviews here to make the company and CEO look good.

Technology is a ball of mud anti-pattern of custom hacked code and low quality vendor based systems. FCCI has never had good IT leadership dating back to the 1990s.

Advice to Management

Stop with the nonsense and hire and promote quality candidates . It shouldn't depend on who you sleep or have beers with.

Jan 23, 2019 – Corporate Communications

In all fairness, we know that being in IT is not an easy role, and it sounds like it wasn’t for you. It is against both Glassdoor’s policies and FCCI’s Core Values to post fake reviews, and I can... More

"Working well with others"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at FCCI Insurance Group full-time

Pros

The culture is what puts this business above the rest. The work/life balance is encouraged. However, it is family with accountability and that just makes it an amazing place to work.

Cons

Change should be communicated better with in the organization.

Advice to Management

Understanding the job market better. We have a great culture but are falling behind some of the amenities that other insurance companies are offering. Example flex working schedule or working from home part-time.

Dec 4, 2018 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! We’re glad you think FCCI is an amazing place to work and enjoy the culture. We agree that communicating change is especially important. FCCI leaders worked with... More

Discover more reviews about FCCI Insurance Group.