FFE Transportation - Training with FFE Academy was the right choice, great academy! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FFE Transportation

"Training with FFE Academy was the right choice, great academy!"

Current Employee - Driver in Lancaster, TX
Current Employee - Driver in Lancaster, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FFE is upgrading all of their truck and trailers. Get your academy training done, with your obligatory 1 year of employment, then get out! 29 cents per mile is not reason enough to stay. Many companies are paying more and giving more home time so there is no reason to stay on witih FFE past your 1 year of employment.

Cons

Driver managers are not very good communicators. You can ask a question and get an answer that does not satisfy.

Advice to Management

Teach your DMs to communicate. I understand they may have been truckers in the past, but that is not enough to make a great DM. If I ask 2 questions in a Peoplenet message I expect for BOTH questions to be answered.

Other Employee Reviews for FFE Transportation

1. "I enjoy what I am doing and I have learned alot about the industry."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to learn the industry.

Cons

My only Con is the distance that I commute not an actual issue with the company itself.

"Very Bad Experience with FFE"

Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FFE Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Maybe one day Russell Stubs will learn the value of his drivers.

Cons

My experience with FFE: After 10 years out service from the trucking industry, I had to do a refresher course just to get back into trucking. Boy I should have done my homework when it came to picking a company to do the refresher course. FFE from get go one has been a living nightmare. 1st thing they brought me to Dallas 3 days early for orientation, then 2nd of all their dorm rooms looked like jail cells nothing like posted on their web site. I do give a plus to my trainer I had to go with part of the refresher course. I just got lucky!! And got a good trainer and got my own truck in 3 ½ weeks. Most trainers at FFE use a driver that is refreshing and has had driving experience before for the full six weeks of OTR road training. You know the money thing! Now the big kicker! Out of 4 months driving I have had only 1 week with over 2000 miles. 29cpm is very low pay these days for 1st year driving. I have spent more time waiting on loads upwards to 1 ½ days to 3 days plus very long delays getting unloaded. Biggest burn is when you get a good pre plan load 9 out of 10 times its canceled and given to a Driver trainer / Owner operator or Lease driver. Company drivers get all the left overs scents company drivers are on forced dispatch where others are not. Don’t take much of a brain to do the math 29cpm x 2000miles = 580.00 minus travel advances of 160.00 per week and your taxes?? You make less than minimum wage on a 70 hour week. So if you want to get screwed give FFE a call.

Advice to Management

Wont do no good!! Until the owners understand the value of there drivers and decide to pay them more!!