FGP International - Great place to learn and grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FGP International

"Great place to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Small-time family feel, professional yet casual work environment. Risk takers are appreciated.

Cons

Not much growth opportunity (fairly flat). Some inter-office politics. Industry dependent on others as our product/service is people.

Other Employee Reviews for FGP International

"Why Find Great People is a Great Company."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC

Pros

Tight-knit group of people that care about each other. The atmosphere is casual, yet fast-paced. Always challenging one another to stretch and grow. Routinely get together with team members for team-building events, company get togethers and lunches. Senior management cares about the employees and are always looking for ways to grow and mentor others less-experienced employees on the team.

Cons

Sometimes being a smaller company means we don't have as large a reach or budget as nationwide companies. We make do with some technology challenges and sometimes lose business due to the fact we are not a nationally based company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep challenging each and every one of us!

"Great Company, Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant
    Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant

I have been working at FGP International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working here is fantastic! You have to be willing to work hard and put in your time to learn and grow, but they do a great job of offering opportunities for both. More importantly, they offer more balance than most search firms, which makes having a family and a rewarding career a real possibility. If you aren't willing to work hard, this industry isn't right for you - search is definitely not a 9-5 job, but, if you are willing to work hard, recruiting can be incredibly rewarding.

Cons

Because of the nature of the work, you can feel like you are on an "island" sometimes -- that isn't an FGP thing, that is an Executive Search thing. They do a good job of encouraging collaboration so that they can avoid this when possible. I've seen more and more of that in the last three years, so it seems to be something management is deliberately addressing.

Advice to Management

Keep showing employees that they are valued! We feel it everyday. Medical insurance could be a little less expensive, but I that is par for the course these days with a smaller company.