FICO - Intelligent associates, good place to learn on the job but lacks strong employee development and training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FICO

"Intelligent associates, good place to learn on the job but lacks strong employee development and training"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at FICO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly intelligent co-workers, cutting edge analytics, good compensation

Cons

Training limited to online PPT presentations. No mentoring. Remote-based employees "left on an island". Communicatiion is poor.

Advice to Management

Management was too focused on cost control, which allowed limited to no travel for training, shadowing mentors, on-site client engagement for learning purposes. As a new employee in a remote-based position, I felt in many ways I had to fend for myself or was lost. There is not a strong training/on-boarding program, especially someone new to consulting. Management did not do a good job with team/associate development. Inter-company communication is very poor and needs improvement.

Other Employee Reviews for FICO

"Engineer I"

I worked at FICO (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many friendly people there, although some areas are pretty 'clicky'. Some teams are great to work on while there are other less friendly teams. This seems to be determined by the managers.

Cons

There are not always raises or bonuses every year for employees below manager status. There seems to be a lot of layoffs.

"Lose the arrogance and create an unshakable connection with your customers."

Former Employee - User Experience Engineer Lead
    Former Employee - User Experience Engineer Lead

I worked at FICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A unique niche and credibility in predictive analytics, in both B2B and B2C markets. Smart, talented people.

Cons

Too many chefs, not enough cooks. Requirements are created based upon guesswork.

Advice to Management

Obvious feature upgrades have been staring the company in the face for a few years now (i.e. BPM) . Stop over-thinking it and MAKE A DECISION ... before the market completely leaves you behind and, to prevent that from happening in the future, begin making solid decisions now on big data, mobile, social, etc. Those items aren't coming .... they're here. Surprise!