FILD - A strong focus on technology in recruiting. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FILD

"A strong focus on technology in recruiting."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fild offers a flexible schedule, the best recruiting tools on the market, very high commission structure, fun culture, casual work environment.

Cons

With any recruiting gig that is commission based -- you make your own salary! So if you don't do work, you won't make much.

Other Employee Reviews for FILD

1. "Outstanding Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at FILD as an intern

Pros

Excellent work environment, great people, outstanding and fun CEO, collaborative space, interesting ideas, great office culture, driven and hardworking employees and colleagues, and an overall atmosphere that catalyzes productivity and enjoyment.

Cons

In my several weeks working as a FILD Intern, there were no cons that I could see, due to the great environment that Nancy Soni personally created.

Advice to Management

Continue cultivating the great atmosphere and workspace you currently have, and continue leading the field in recruiting and getting jobs FILD (haha).

"Great Team, Exciting Times and a Bright Future"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

I’ll start this review by saying the following: as we complete Q2 2016, FILD is far and away operating at our highest billing levels ever which is awesome to be a part of. As a company we are producing more, filling more jobs than we ever have, and in general, are having a ton of fun doing so. For proof, check out our individual Facebook and Instagram pages from our Q1 event last month – wine tasting in Malibu all day on a Friday; not too shabby. We have a successful team of 12 full desk recruiters with an average of about $80,000 per recruiter in quarterly billing and continuing to grow that number. I imagine that any established sales person in this industry would agree that this is a very very healthy number for a recruiting agency to operate at.

We have a fantastic team who are all having fun, making money, building positive company and individual brands, and are all aiming to achieve similar goals of success.

We have come a long was as a company in our short 3.5 years history. With that, we’ve had some ups and downs along the way, as most, if not all companies do. We just happen to be fairly small, have an open and very transparent environment, so people can see the good and the bad.

Cons

We’ve had former employees write some pretty nasty reviews which is certainly tough to see. Yes we’ve had down some down quarters, yes we’ve had turnover with some people quitting or us unfortunately needing to let people go. Yes, FILD has been bootstrapped to get the business off the ground, and yes, it’s not always fun and games filled with ping pong tables, afternoons sitting out in the sun, and time off whenever anyone wants. I will agree to all of those things. It is also called work for a reason.

If you’re looking for unlimited vacation whenever you want (we offer it, just maybe not in your first 3 months of employment), if you’re looking to work 9-5, if you’re looking to play ping pong two hours a day and just looking to float by, then no, FILD is not the place to be. But, recruiting and sales in general, probably isn’t the place to be. If someone thinks they have been micromanaged in this environment, I recommend them trying to keep up with day to day metrics most other agencies operate by. That’s not who we are and not who we strive to be.

We do need to be quick on our feet to deliver, we do need to meet hard delivery deadlines, we do need to be exceptional client managers, we need to have the ability to change things on the fly and sometimes even need to put some elbow grease into our day to day work to deliver for our clients.

Advice to Management

Advice to anyone reading this.

If you’re looking to be on the ground floor in building a recruiting business, you want to join FILD. If you want to work closely with a CEO who has a fantastic reputation in the Tech and Recruiting community, this is the place to be. If you want to work closely with a CEO who is fantastic at what she does, and will pour her blood, sweat, and tears into making this business successful, you will want to join FILD. If you want the opportunity to work with an amazing client base that has essentially been vetted and established for you, you want to be here. If you want to work with an established, tenured and fantastic team, you will want to join FILD. If you want to work with cutting edge recruiting technologies and platforms, this is where you need to be. And If you want the opportunity to make a lot of money off of a very strong commission plan, hefty quarterly bonuses, and a new 401k plan, FILD is for you.

On top of that, we're pet friendly with 2-3 dogs running around the office at any given time. We have a stocked beer fridge, wine fridge and liquor cabinet. Free snacks, lunches, breakfasts on occasion, happy hour, and promotion dinners (been to four of these so far this year - Cassia, Spago, Bestia, Scopa). Last but not least, to celebrate our biggest quarter to date; we are paying out more bonuses than ever before and as an added incentive are even multiplying those said bonuses. We’re also renting a boat in Newport to enjoy an afternoon on the water to celebrate as well. I’ll take that.

We are hiring. We are growing. But, this time around, we’re doing it more carefully and thoughtfully. We are looking for strong, established recruiters who want to take their experience and skills to the next level.

We’re moving into a beautiful brand new office space shortly. We are surpassing revenue goals and targets. We have an awesome cohesive team and are building something really cool and fun to be a part of. You will work hard, but that’s true for any role within the recruiting agency realm. If you’re interested in working with a great group of people who value what they do, come join us!

FILD Response

Aug 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review! We are absolutely a different environment than we were a year ago and that is due to the great team that we have now. We've made a ... More