FIS - Metavante - one of Milwaukee's better employers! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FIS

"Metavante - one of Milwaukee's better employers!"

Current Employee - Product Manager I
Current Employee - Product Manager I

Pros

There are several reasons Metavante is an ideal place to work...the Senior Management is approachable, we always put the client first, and there is work-life balance.

There are areas within Metavante that really live up to the work-life balance, and I'm fortunate to belong to one of those groups. I can work from home or take time off when I need to do so.

When I first started working at Metavante and heard Frank Martire talking about listening to the client, I thought it was lip service. But he truly walks the walks which makes you proud to know that the President expects the same thing from himself as he does other employees.

Finally, a work-life balance. I've heard from my manager about taking time away from the office and NOT answering my cell phone. They truly support employees needs to rejuvinate themselves which leads to a more enjoyable, productive environment!

Cons

Some of the downsides, like any large corporation, our size presents challenges that make us not as efficient as we could be. It also leads to the message getting lost from the top to the bottom level.

I would have to say that I am quite disappointed in the level of pay. All indications are that I'm still $14-16,000 below other Product Managers. Compensation is provided for Programming/coders and Sales Teams, but everyone else is paid not quite as much as we shoul be. It's disappointing that you're at this level in your career, but you have to work a part time job.

Advice to Management

All-in-all, I believe Sr Management is doing a good job. There are some areas of the company where communication is a gap, however, we have webinars/townhall meetings, etc. that fill those voids. We are very fortunate that our Sr Managers do step in to the process when needed. They are always very willing to participate with clients and prospects alike. Again, relationships are very important to our management team.

Other Employee Reviews for FIS

"Lots of potentential as yet unrealized"

Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

Pros

The company has many different solutions and this affords a person the opportunity to transfer to a division that better suits their geographic and/or career aspirctaion needs over time

Cons

There is no "one" company. It is a conferedation of many companies with many individual fiefdoms making it difficult to accomplish anything that needs to span more than your particular division. For technical personnel, this is less of an issue since they are focused on supporting a product(s) within the division they were hired in to. For sales people with large accounts, it can be a real challenge.

Advice to Management

Take the time to consider the inefficiency of overlapping solutions and more activley cull the products that have little future value and will turn from cows to dogs before you can sell them for a good price. It cots money of course to retire products and the people associated with them, but in the long run, it's worth the investment.

"Nonverbal messages occassionally not in sync with verbal communication"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits
    Communication for executive management

Cons

Culture unclear and diverse since company was built on muliptle acquisitons

Advice to Management

Figure out who your top performers are and keep them around