FIS - Loved the company until it was acquired by Fidelity National Information Services | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FIS

"Loved the company until it was acquired by Fidelity National Information Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open and honest communication, friendly employees, very competitive salary, company events, client conferences, employees were highly valued.

Cons

Acquired by Fidelity National Information Services in 2009 and everything quickly spiraled downhill. The acquisition was the result of the financial crisis and banks/credit unions falling under or being shut down by the government. What used to seem like a n open and honest culture quickly changed to deceptive and backstabbing.

Other Employee Reviews for FIS

"Knowing what I know today I would have never taken this job."

Current Contractor - Project Manager I in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Contractor - Project Manager I in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at FIS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were amazing and very professional, and so were most managers, with a pair of exceptions.

Cons

Lack of respect of personal time, and expertise at Monday-Morning quarterbacking. Life is a lot easier and standards are different when a person is related to high level management.

Advice to Management

Look elsewhere for leadership.

2. "Lack of Management Communications"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Some of the employee perks are great, like the fitness center, Ford auto purchase discount, area merchant discounts.

Cons

There is a very bad lacking of communication within the different departments. They will work you until you drop, with no recognition of work well done or for the extra hours you put in to make sure things run as smooth as possible. The I want it yesterday mentality, everything is alway a rush, but takes weeks to implement in to production.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your team and other departments that any changes may affect. Thoroughly test proposed changes before implementing them into production for errors and possible breakage of other apps and processes.