FIS - Everyone Treated Equally | Glassdoor

"Everyone Treated Equally"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company in financial software.

Cons

Some not all of the upper management is not fair to all employees; discrimination and don't give others a chance to excel. Particular manager (in the Dallas area) always talk down to others; especially Africa Americans.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all. I know that HR is aware of this and turns a death ear to it. How sad.

Other Employee Reviews for FIS

"This place is a zoo, you'll get ADD"

Former Contractor - Data Entry I in Canton, MA
    Former Contractor - Data Entry I in Canton, MA

I worked at FIS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent wage, but nothing else.

Cons

With so many negative things about this place, I don't even know where to begin in reviewing my experience at FIS Global's lockbox. As the title states, this place is simply a zoo. There is no structure, no work ethic, almost no nothing. Upon my hiring, it took them almost a month to get me computer and front-door access. If that wasn't bad enough, it also took them a month to decide what my start time was for Saturdays. My fellow co-workers for Saturday would complain that I was coming in too early even though I was coming in and starting at the very time stated by my supervisor, almost two hours before any work was ready to be processed. A month later, they finally changed my start time. When I first started, they started training me on the opening function, but because no one wanted to train me or in their own words, "didn't have the time," they switched functions over to date entry. I actually had a person whom was supposed to train me scream at me because I was asking too many questions and wasting their time with only a few days on the job. The person who was supposed to train me on data entry spent more time looking and their cell phone, which no one is supposed to have in the department, than actually working with me. I was trained to open an account one way, but was later scolded for screwing up the account even though my notes backed up the way I had done it. Even worse, because there is no one checking the work and communication is terrible, I continued to make this mistake each day for a month before even hearing about the mistake. Overall, work instructions are absolutely dreadful, most fact sheets written so poorly that it is impossible to understand them. People in this lockbox also do whatever the heck they want, from dancing around, to playing with their phones, to spinning around in their seats, to blasting music from boomboxes. The person who sat next to me, after clocking-in, once spent 40 minutes decorating their desk with Christmas decorations. This was on company time and during a time where we had deadlines. They was never scolded. The next day, during a department tour, this person came in a did it all over again, using another 30 minutes to decorate their desk. They do not offer breaks and discourage lunches on Saturdays. They also didn't tell me that they didn't do breaks for almost 3 weeks and then scolded me for taking them. The communication is abysmal. There at least 3 boomboxes playing in this warehouse environment, making it impossible for anyone with ADD to focus. And if you didn't have ADD to begin with, with an environment like this, you were sure to end up with it. A real zoo is most likely more organized and better structured than this place. Though the pay is decent, there are better structured lockboxes in the Boston area.

Advice to Management

Learn to structure your department.

2. "Somewhat Organized Chaos, I guess would be the best way to explain it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To gain experience, make friends, a good place to work until you can find something else, It will keep your lights on and rent paid.

Cons

wages, supervisors knowledge,systems do not operate properly,Overtime, Favoritism, If you need to have a job and you can handle all of the above and plus then go for it .I personally, want to work for an employer who actually follows there hand book and sticks to it.

Advice to Management

If the CEO truley cares abouth the growth of the company they need to look in on the St. Pete office, there is a reason for the attrition in employees,