FJR Group - Left with a heavy heart | Glassdoor
  1. "Left with a heavy heart"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at FJR Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I left due to personal reasons and certainly would not have if I had the choice! I couldn't speak higher about Neil and the London team, but also the wider business. The experience in that office is 2nd to absolute none and I leave with a heavy heart! ALL are some of the best colleagues and definitely life friends I have met in my 10 year professional career of which 6 were spent in the Military, but still you... can form the best alliances with this firm and gain a wealth of knowledge in doing so - The extra upside is the earnings! I have met and spoken to 100's of recruitment firms and they are genuinely not up to the FJR Groups package, a truly remarkable offering they have and I'd recommend to absolutely anyone looking for a new challenge.

Cons

I actually cant think of any. Other then the free biscuits that damaged my waistline slightly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, seems to be working.

FJR Group2019-10-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Good business at its core but failing in a few important areas."

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at FJR Group full-time

Pros

Nice office, some good social aspects/incentives, decent commission scheme, lots of autonomy, monthly open forum discussions are positive. The things they do well, they do really well!!

Cons

Different rules for different people e.g. "flexible" working hours (Team managers come and go as they please, as do office favourites), lack of training and structure for newer consultants, arbitrary bonus thresholds that make no sense when consultants work in different markets.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Invest in proper training. Get a HR function so you can establish a set structure and iron out discrepancies between teams/managers in the level of support and training given. Use common sense and market knowledge to set targets/expectations rather than giving all consultants an arbitrary target regardless of sector. As discussed at one of your networking events: A fridge full of beers and... astroturf in your office does not a constitute a good company culture. You've got a lot of really good shiny bells and whistles but you need to focus on the basics before any of the other stuff matters.

FJR Group2019-07-26
  2. "Very accommodating, making work-life balance a real thing!"

Current Employee - Operations in Manchester, England

I have been working at FJR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A real understanding of life outside of the workplace - being able to work flexibly means I haven't had to compromise things outside out work. - I have pretty much full autonomy on a daily basis but plenty of opportunities to ask for support when needed, allowing me to get on with my job and have real ownership over my role. - There is a genuine sense of passion and belief from the people at the top and a... conscious effort to ensure that everyone feels they play a key part in the company's future

Cons

- it can be tricky working as part of the ops team within a sales environment, takes a bit of getting used if it's not what you are familiar with

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards accommodating work-life needs, it's a huge factor in keeping people on board who might otherwise not be able to work typical recruitment hours.

FJR Group2019-06-07

Discover more reviews about FJR Group.