FMC Technologies - Great for starting a engineer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FMC Technologies

"Great for starting a engineer"

Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX
Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at FMC Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really nice and helpful
It was great getting to see all of the equipment, from starting to finished products.

Cons

I personally felt as if the internship program was unorganized. I didn't receive any information until I hounded the lady from HR doing our training to tell me who my manager was. I was really disappointed in the amount of work that I had, practically none. There was a lot of down time and I felt like I wasn't able to contribute anything from the company. Most of the work that I got, was from seeking out other employees to see if they needed help.

We were all nervous about getting second offers or full time offers by the way HR portrayed the job outlook.

Advice to Management

To utilize the internship to its fullest, have a more structured internship program with clear cut goals, to make it seem more structured.

Other Employee Reviews for FMC Technologies

1. "Interesting, challenging work. HR has no clue."

I worked at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, super bosses if you have the right person.

Cons

Horrible place if you have the wrong bosses. Roles and responsibilities change every couple of years, moving folks (in management) around, not allowing for the process to flow for results.

Advice to Management

Leader of Oklahoma City surface operations is a joke. Bounces from one idea to the next, change for the sake of change. He is killing the surface division of FMC Technologies. Many folks leaving for other companies or trying to make their way back to the safe haven of Houston and the sub sea division.

2. "Worst Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Sam Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Sam Houston, TX

I worked at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People and good experience. People are nice, friendly.

Cons

Worst management, totally de-centralized management, finance is worst i have ever encountered. A lot of Execution issues, lay-offs, Recent employment discrimination cases found on Texas state website.

Advice to Management

Lay-Off bad managers. Make your employees happy and fulfill their needs. Managers dont know what junior employees go through. I have felt racial discrimination under employment decision making.