FMC Technologies - Great place to learn | Glassdoor

"Great place to learn"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at FMC Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the friendliest people I have ever been around. A company that is truly leading their industry. What I love about my job is that each day I am learning something new.

Cons

There aren't many things to say. Granted I am young and new but maybe the glaring con which could even be a pro is that everything is fast paced due to the rapid growth of the energy industry. Always something going on.

Other Employee Reviews for FMC Technologies

"Great for starting a engineer"

Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at FMC Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really nice and helpful
    It was great getting to see all of the equipment, from starting to finished products.

Cons

I personally felt as if the internship program was unorganized. I didn't receive any information until I hounded the lady from HR doing our training to tell me who my manager was. I was really disappointed in the amount of work that I had, practically none. There was a lot of down time and I felt like I wasn't able to contribute anything from the company. Most of the work that I got, was from seeking out other employees to see if they needed help.

We were all nervous about getting second offers or full time offers by the way HR portrayed the job outlook.

Advice to Management

To utilize the internship to its fullest, have a more structured internship program with clear cut goals, to make it seem more structured.

2. "Worst Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Sam Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Sam Houston, TX

I worked at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People and good experience. People are nice, friendly.

Cons

Worst management, totally de-centralized management, finance is worst i have ever encountered. A lot of Execution issues, lay-offs, Recent employment discrimination cases found on Texas state website.

Advice to Management

Lay-Off bad managers. Make your employees happy and fulfill their needs. Managers dont know what junior employees go through. I have felt racial discrimination under employment decision making.