FPL Food - FPL Food | Glassdoor

"FPL Food"

Former Employee - Transportati On Manager in Augusta, GA
Former Employee - Transportati On Manager in Augusta, GA

Pros

Meeting a few good people who were very dedicated to the job.

Cons

Huge turnover in upper management. I saw more than eighteen key managers leave in an eighteen month period.

Never saw a bonus during my tenure.

Not much reinvestment of capitol into the older equipment which created daily breakdowns.

Advice to Management

One person cannot always be right while having ten or more managers who feel that they will always be wrong.

Other Employee Reviews for FPL Food

1. "Not very pleasant."

Current Employee - Grinder and Supply Room Attendant
    Current Employee - Grinder and Supply Room Attendant

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just to have a source of income.

Cons

Poor pay, no employee recongition

"This place is as awful as it smell."

I worked at FPL Food full-time

Pros

"You must enter at least 5 words for Pros."
    I do not have 5 nice words to say about this place :)

Cons

First things first, read some of the earlier reviews with caution. Nearly a month after I started there, I was told by my manager, a now-former employee, that concert tickets were given out in exchange for positive reviews on this site. I wish I would've known that before I accepted this job. My entire experience with this company was terrible. My first red flag should've been when I asked about hours and was laughed at. The hours are long and weekends are worked frequently. Late last summer, I was working 13 hour shifts a day 6 days a week when we were short staffed. This was a salary job, so no overtime pay. I did not get a raise the entire year I was there. There were no incentives. I was lead to believe that this job would be a great starting point in my field. Instead, it was overwhelming and unmerciful. This was my first job out of college. I came into this job with no knowledge about production environments or real world situation. I was expecting to learn and grow, but this is not an ideal environment for that at all. When I tried to solve problems like my job required to, I would frequently be yelled at or scolded, despite responding as best as I could. Not to mention, sometimes my entire department would leave for lunch to "grab a beer," or so they said, leaving me alone to handle production problems by myself. Managment on the floor has no patience at all and unrealistic expectations because of the deadlines they are supposed to meet. The conditions are horrible. Roaches are crawling everywhere, remember this when you are buying beef in Wal-Mart!!! The turnover rate is seems extremely high. Upper management seems to be flocking away from this place in droves. It feels like nearly everyone that was there when I started last year has been replaced. I do not recommend this job at all, especially not to a beginner. I do wish this wasn't my first job out of college, because it has left an awful taste in my mouth about my field.

Advice to Management

Perhaps stop restructuring the management hierarchy of the company and work on satisfaction of current employees.