KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Honor And Blessing To Work For This Company

Aug 13, 2021 - Senior Solutions Architect in High Point, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are really too many pros to list them all here, but I will highlight some. While this company is growing it still has a "family" feel to it. Colleagues from across the globe intentionally seek ways to help each other out. We have a "in the trenches together" mentality instead of a "our department vs. their department" mentality. We have several corporate fun events throughout the year and management has made efforts for team building even as we have been isolated during the pandemic. The corporate culture encourages teamwork over titles or egos. FRISS truly cares about individual employees and wants to seem them growing and making a valuable contribution to the company. Management takes it to heart when any single person leaves. It is a rare organization in which you consider your manager to be your friend and yet this is the case in many departments within FRISS. Conventional wisdom says non-Machiavellian leadership is weak. On the contrary, employees work harder and are more loyal to leaders that believe in them. The two primary corporate values of the company summarize what it is like to work here. 1.) We desire to make insurance more honest. To that end there is incredible transparency and approachability among all employees. There is an open-door mentality all the way up to the CEO and no fear of reprisal from being yourself. It is refreshing to see a company that has such integrity. 2.) We desire to be a joy to do business with. Our customers love working with us and while it may be difficult to quantify that, often we hear from our customers it was a deciding factor on them choosing and staying with us. (Oh, and it helps that we have the most mature and most widely-implemented solution of our type in the world). That effervescence is also evident in how we work internally. When one person wins, we all win and we take the time to celebrate every new sale, every promotion, every anniversary, every important personal event like weddings, births, etc. I have made some incredible friends at FRISS and look forward to a long career here. It is an honor and blessing to work for this company.

Cons

Due to rapid expansion, there are some growing pains - especially in pioneering markets. Also, the turnover rate is a little on the high side, though some of that can be contributed to the pandemic and ancillary circumstances. In the USA, the health coverage is very good, but quite expensive for large families.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Nov 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial mentality, company goal, creativity, Friss family, participation plan

Cons

Salary, pension scheme, no clear career path although there are a lot of possibility to grow.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

The culture is awesome

Oct 29, 2021 - Manager in Utrecht
    Business Outlook

Pros

FRISS has an open minded culture with a mix of people from "all" nationalities and "all" ages. It is my first company where I work in an international team and I have learned that it's a big plus to work with several nationalities. I learn from other cultures every day. Also you can achieve a lot at FRISS. You can participate in initiatives not part of your role or come up with own initiatives. And the freedom in work-life balance is really nice. Achieving your goals is your own responsibility and you are not monitored on the details of your work (no micromanagement).

Cons

FRISS is growing, which is great, but also means you have to be able to cope with changes and be flexible.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about FRISS.