FTI Consulting - Good on the surface with bad undercurrents. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FTI Consulting

"Good on the surface with bad undercurrents."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A good place to learn some new skills. Able to work independently. Some performance managers are really great, however their enthusiasm gets hampered by the leadership. Co-workers are pleasant to work with. Social outings are nice.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be poor for staff in consulting roles.

Lack of real advancement...just because you went from consultant to sr. consultant, to manager really doesn't mean anything.

A lack of a unified vision between teams and departments really keeps the practices and products from improving.

If you're hired, once the "honeymoon phase" is over, unless you've made it into one of the cliques, you're pretty much parked.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the middle management layers...the managing directors and senior managing directors. Those people are there to line their pockets and they may not really be concerned with the long term growth of the business. Look at the history of the stock price as an example, it's half the value it was in 2008.

Other Employee Reviews for FTI Consulting

"Hard work, low to average compensation."

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional growth opportunity
    traveling
    new business connections

Cons

work / life balance
    low pay
    work might be very boring

"A company is its people, these people were rotten"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Vacation Time, (cant think of anything else, there is a 5 word minimum)

Cons

The people, the style/manner of completing the work

Advice to Management

Its possible I was in a bad group but my co workers were back stabbing, constantly ccing the boss on correspondences having to do with very minor/anal errors, (I wouldnt even call them errors but they did), instead of coming directly to me, generally throwing me under the bus and just nasty, barely would say hello in the morning. Not sure if the culture of attempting to do projects in half the time needed requiring the group to stay till 11 at night caused this atmosphere or if the co workers were just miserable people, likely a combo of both. Wouldnt recommend this company to an enemy, the extra vacation, (no extra salary, got a 20% raise when I left) is not worth dealing with the poor attitudes and super competitiveness of the co workers and sweatshop style of the company.