FXCM - Keep Jobs in America | Glassdoor

"Keep Jobs in America"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at FXCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Variety of hours available. Met some life long friends there.

Cons

Low pay, management team is inexperienced, laid off to send my job over seas, micro-managers, people are treated as numbers not humans.

Advice to Management

Higher positions should work their way up not just get a position bc of seniority. Many of upper management didn't know how to do the job they were supervising for. Don't micro-manage, trust the people that have been hired.

Other Employee Reviews for FXCM

"beware"

Current Employee - NA! in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NA! in New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

you will learn the basics of financial markets, multi task, basic sales skills

Cons

wow, where do I begin
    1. 40k/year with "quarterly bonuses"...you can't live on that if you're in New York or San Francisco.
    (I put quarterly bonuses in quotes because management did everything they could to keep any employee from getting any kind of decent bonus. I could have got more donating plasma for a quarter)

2. The minute they found out that the company had terrible reviews on glassdoor, we had a meeting with the head of the department. This person asked us to go onto Glassdoor and give FXCM a "great" rating. If you go through some of the comments you can totally tell which ones were fabricated.

3. If you take anymore than 20 minutes for lunch, you get the stink eye from every manager within 10 feet of you.

4. The head of our department has never been on the phones before, and yet this person is the head of the department...your head should be exploding right now.

5. They say you can advance within 2 years of solid service, but the problem is that they can't keep people...over 60% turnover in the department I'm in.

6. So much micro managing...

7. They say its about "Meritocracy" i call it meritocrazy....you have to play the "game" if you want to get ahead....

8. Company culture is non existent.

Advice to Management

The company big wigs seem very set on keeping the stock price as high as possible...well, if that's what you want, outsource the jobs to India or something.

"Okay"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at FXCM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some really great people here who have become lifelong friends. You receive great exposure to the financial markets and have the opportunity to learn about forex.

Cons

Salary is below average compared to most of the other companies in the same industry. There is low employee morale. There is no job security. The company is very bureaucratic and there is a high level of nepotism. Employees are hardly rewarded for successes, but are immediately reprimanded for even the smallest error. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Place more value on one of the most important assets of a company - its employees. Many good employees left on their own due to low morale.