FXCM - This is a good company but management lacks the vision and leadership to get what it can out of its employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

"This is a good company but management lacks the vision and leadership to get what it can out of its employees."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Corporate Culture. Most employees are on a set, 9-5 schedule, and enjoy the benefits of it. Also, there is very little stress in the work environment, so employees enjoy the ability to leave work and not take it home with them. There are no real performance goals that are set, so people can get by doing the bare minimum. Management has an open-door policy, and the Executives make themselves available to almost everyone in the company. Dress is very casual.

Cons

Corporate Culture, Leadership, Talent. Because the corporate culture is very lax, employees take advantage of it. There really are not too many motivated employees who go above and beyond their job function, and everyone gets by on doing the bare minimum. In my department, the CFO is non-existent, and my direct boss is very passive with his leadership style, so it seems like nothing ever gets done. Employees are not scrutinized enough for mistakes. The Executives seem to only care about their wallets, so they look for cheap labor that will just get the job done.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability from management for mistakes. There is no real sense of urgency with the job function, so employees take their time with tasks, and do them poorly. Management also really does not promote or reward innovation. People would try, but it would go unnoticed.

Other Employee Reviews for FXCM

1. "Forex investor"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

I don't work for FXCM but I use them in my business. FXCM is head and shoulders above other brokers.

Cons

Some of the information is late.

2. "FXCM Review"

I worked at FXCM full-time

Pros

There is a huge opportunity for growth and independence

Cons

The clients that you work with can sometimes be extremely unreasonable

Advice to Management

Better and more streamlined communication