Facebook - Best. Job. Ever. | Glassdoor

"Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

What I love most about working at Facebook:

- The people. I get to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the world.
- The culture. I love the fact that we get to take big risks and 'move fast and break things'. It's very empowering.
- Impact. All my friends and family use Facebook (+800M people around the world), so it's great to know that people I care about love to use the product that I'm a part of.
- The culinary team. best. food. ever.

Cons

- growing so fast makes it so you don't know everyone at the company anymore, but that's just a product of rapid growth and hiring enough people to sustain and grow the business.

Advice to Management

- thank you for sticking with the mission and keeping the company open and transparent. Please keep this up as we continue to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Amazing!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It provides you with the best possible space and to divulge into your specialties. The only thing you are required to do is to do what you have been asked to do in a completely pressure free atmosphere. Its more like work at home!!!

Cons

There are none. Its a fantastic place to work for people willing to make money by enjoying.

Advice to Management

Keep the workforce small and efficient.

"Pretty amazing place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I've worked at 5 different companies before here, from investment banking, CPGs, to 3 other tech companies and nothing beats this. People are amazing not to mention wicked smart. You'll be surrounded by the most talented people in the world all with a mission to change the world.

Cons

Extremely difficult to get in given number of application submitted and competition. Also the company tries to stay small so limited job openings.
    Work can get stressful but that's because there aren't enough people internally to do the stuff that needs to get done. If you don't know how to prioritize you should seek other large tech companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and try to promote from within. Outside hires bring a complete different management flavor.