Facebook - Although working more than 40 hours/week is a given, I wouldn't want to dedicate my time and effort to a better company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Although working more than 40 hours/week is a given, I wouldn't want to dedicate my time and effort to a better company."

Current Employee - Recruiting Lead in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Recruiting Lead in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Facebook gives their employees the freedom to work on projects that make an impact. When you're able to work on things that affect millions and millions of people, it doesn't feel like a job, more like a purpose.

Cons

It's tough for people who aren't willing to put in the extra effort needed to succeed in a company like Facebook. Part of the culture is to work hard and ship things. If you're not good at executing on a project, it will be tough to fit in.

Advice to Management

More transparency is always better. Employees like to know why decisions are made for us to better understand the direction of our company.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Amazing people - hard to overstate this.

You get to choose what you want to work on (Bing "Facebook bootcamp") for more info.

Everyone is really passionate about the product. People care about the folks that use Facebook, and really want to make it a better experience. There are so many cool things we want to do, it'd be hard to get bored.

Things move really fast - there usually has to be a good reason not to do some new cool thing, instead of a reason to do it.

Cons

Since so many people at Facebook are amazing, recognition/awards aren't as frequent as I'd personally like.

I've done stuff that would've earned me instant promotions at a previous company, and only got a "cool, nice job" at Facebook.

It's hard to hear people spread misinformation about Facebook while you're working there - I've gotten so passionate about the company that when people say misguided things like "Facebook sells your information to advertisers", it's hard not to get angry.

"Amazing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

The openness, inclusion and excitement that we all feel every day. This is truly a company where the people are without a doubt organized more around the mission than their own personal interests or potential gain. We are here because we want to change the way the world works, and the fact that we get paid to do it is amazing.

Cons

It's not a "job" - in many ways it is a life. Long hours are the norm. Hard to completely consider this a con, though, as many of those long hours are spent working on stuff you love with people you admire and befriend.