Facebook - Amazing, Inspiring, Challenging, and Open | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Amazing, Inspiring, Challenging, and Open"

Current Employee - Site Operations Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Site Operations Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Amazing perks (food, travel, cloths, vacation, stock..). Smart people working on inspiring and challenging problems. Salary and equity.

Cons

Some see a lack of guidance as a con since your will not be micromanaged my your manager and are expected to create your own impact

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Best Place I've EVER Worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

The people are amazing!
    The amenities are amazing!
    The food is even more amazing!
    Transparency in the company is the best I've seen!

Cons

Too much food everywhere you go!
    A lot of distractions - makes it hard to get through the day and stay on task!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.
    Keep communicating with staff
    Keep the culture alive as we grow
    Keep employees engaged with their jobs and help them grow!

"A unique culture, a unique opportunity, and a unique time..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Facebook is the most unique company I have worked for or experienced (and due to the nature of my role, I have been exposed to a lot of different companies in my last two jobs). The company's open culture is mirrored in its facilities (everyone gets a desk, no offices, no cubes), and reinforced all the way up to Mark. It is staffed by some of the smartest people in the world who are industry leaders in whatever it is they do whether it is software engineering, design, public policy, even more traditional functions like HR and Finance! Facebook redefines what it means to be a corporation with its unique move fast and break things culture, its culture of discipline, and its innovative and iterative approach. What I have learned in my two years at Facebook has been far more impactful to my career than all of what I learned in my first 15 years and as such, I still tell everyone that it is an honor for me to have the opportunity just to walk in the door.

Cons

Despite the upsides, it is not all roses at Facebook. It is extremely difficult to get hired at the company given the companies intense focus on culture and values (which is not always accurate). It is also an intense environment, and not for people who are looking to coast. This can be difficult for people with a lot of obligations outside of work. Finally, it is a growing company and with growth comes growing pains. things don't stay the same and people who come to Facebook need to expect that things will evolve while they are here. The best people will see that as a challenge and a leadership opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for excellence in who you hire and what you are building. But be clear on what you define as excellence and make sure it is framed in terms of where you are going, and not just where you've been.