Facebook - The best job I’ve had (and I’ve had a few) | Glassdoor

"The best job I’ve had (and I’ve had a few)"

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best benefits, supportive environment, great and transparent pay, great internal mobility, in touch and compassion management, forward looking, and employee centric.

Cons

Lots of new grads, so it sometimes feels like adult college. I jokingly call their awesome holiday party Facebook prom. Culture is endangered in new offices.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the culture in the new Chicago office... it’s all new people.

Facebook2018-01-22
  1. "Dream job"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Highly meaningful work with huge impact. It's challenging. It's interesting. - Most transparent company I've ever worked at. - A lot of autonomy . - You never stop learning. - Work revolves around more than the review cycle. - Ambition and ideas are rewarded. - Leadership is thoughtful, fair, kind, empathetic. So are middle managers -- heck, so are people on every team I work with. - I want to spend... the duration of my career at Facebook.

Cons

- Pressure to move very quickly. - Work/life balance can suffer sometimes (there are phases of very manageable workload and burn out). - Can get bureaucratic sometimes as most big companies do.

Facebook2019-12-03

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Discover more reviews about Facebook.