Facebook - Awesome place to work | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Team Leader User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many cool things to say about where I work. I am an ex-Googler and I have had great expeirences in both companies but I would have to honestly say leaving Google to come to Facebook has been the best decision I ever made.

We are all so busy, there is no time for politics and BS. We are solving huge problems and the work we do is played out on such a huge scale. Having this level of impact and being part of a relatively tiny team means you can really feel the value of the work you do. I love that we do not hyper hire, I love the fact that we hire such great people, people with a sense of purpose and some of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

WE have great amenities as well. Everything you need is here at the office. People don't mind coming into work, people are genuinely happy to be here and you cannot fake this atmosphere.

Feedback is well received and management do an awesome job of actioning this and listening to employees.

Cons

The salary is not the highest I have ever had but the perks, bonus, annual salary and stock reviews etc make this better and there is an emphasis on performance based increases, so hard work is really well rewarded.

Its a fast moving place which I also love but can be challenging as things we work on can change quickly so you need to be super adaptable but the dynamic nature of the role and the company makes it interesting and never dull.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, keep listening and keep shipping!!! :)

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"*The* most rewarding place to work in the last 20+ years of my career"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just a disclaimer to start with: I work in Engineering, and so my particular perspective on the pros and cons will be predominantly Engineering biased.

By far the biggest Pro is that Facebook Engineering honestly and genuinely believe that it is super important that you are working on something that you are passionate about, and so we do our utmost to ensure that engineers have the opportunity to sample a wide range of the many options available to them, not only when they're new to Facebook during Bootcamp, but also throughout their time at Facebook. We do this because we strongly believe that people will do their best work when they are working on something they are truly passionate about. This is, for example, one of the driving forces behind hackathons. There is very little of the kingdom building one sees at other companies, and individual career advancement is always placed ahead of team stability. Unlike our fellow engineers over at the Chocolate Factory in Mountain View, where engineers are mostly assigned to teams, we actively encourage our engineers to seek out places and teams where they will have the highest potential to make an impact.

Cons

The food. OMG the food. The food is friggin amazing. This is not mass-catering by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a huge selection of the finest gourmet food. It is truly difficult to *not* gain weight working here.

2. "Program Manager"

Pros

Awesome company where the employees are engaged with their jobs. The transparent and non-hierarchical culture is what employee respects most about the company.

Cons

Since the company is growing and changing like crazy. Re-org happens often, so some employees can get lost in the shuffle.