Facebook - Making a big difference globally | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Making a big difference globally"

Current Employee - Custom Market Insights in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Custom Market Insights in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and positive attitude of all employees. Working with some really intelligent people

Cons

The work day is never long enough, always too many things to do

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"The best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Management genuinely cares about staff happiness, career pathing, growth and personal development. As the company scales, you get a sense that everyone wants to retain the hack culture, the ability to move fast and to avoid bureaucratic systems, while offering opportunities to everyone and avoid any 'hand-picking' and keeping company politics to a minimum. The working environment is collaborative, open and focused on impact.

People. Some of the smartest people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Hard-working, fun, collaborative, creative and driven. They are not all made from the same mold and diversity is important. In Dublin, I love the multicultural environment, it is respectful of everyone's culture and creates a great vibe around the office.

Perks. Alright so the initial salary is not the highest compared to other companies I have worked for. However, the 6 monthly bonuses (performance based), stock, salary adjustment every year, free healthy delicious food all day really add up. I have had higher base salaries in previous jobs, but going to work every day without fearing what the day brings, and lower stress-levels are just priceless. Also put in the Irish/Dublin context (very very grim unemployment figures), it is a solid job with career prospects.

What we do. Putting aside the people, the cool office and many perks, I really love what I do. We support hundreds of million users across EMEA/Latin America, and working on such a scale is inspiring. I feel immensely proud of what we are achieving every day.

Cons

Work life balance can be at times poor. No one is really putting a gun to my head to work this hard, but I feel a sense of duty to our teams and our users.

As the company scale, I have seen some office politics creeping up here and there. I also hate the sense of entitlement that pops up every now and then.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Please don't let us become Google.

"Like working at a start-up, a very big one. The friendliest and fastest work environment I have ever been part of!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Facebook has been and still is the most amazing experience, for me. Why? Because,

- The people that work here are extremely bright and driven
    - The work environment is incredibly open and supportive. If you want to get something done but need help or input from a different team, you will get it
    - You have the freedom to focus on what you feel will have the highest impact. Of course, you still need to do you core job though
    - The work culture is truly flexible

These things may not be the most important points for you but after having worked in the voluntary sector (NPO), public sector (Army and UN), and the private sector (Banking) they are the most important to me. And from my experience separates Facebook from 99% of all work places.

Cons

If your require a lot of prescriptive guidance (step by step instructions), don't like dynamic work environments, and are lethargic when it comes to your work, this is not the best place to work at.