Facebook - Amazing Internship! Highly Recommended for Independent / Creative Thinkers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Amazing Internship! Highly Recommended for Independent / Creative Thinkers"

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, open work atmosphere, incredible benefits (the food is incredible), wonderful coworkers, many opportunities for professional and personal growth. Lots of room for lateral growth and learning new skills on the job. Employees are extremely friendly and focused on cultivating a social work environment.

Cons

This isn't really a con, but positions at FB require the ability to work very independently. If you aren't a person who loves creating and completing projects to high standards without a lot of management, this probably isn't a good place for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Opportunity of a lifetime to solve cutting edge problems."

Current Employee - Principal in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Principal in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are not only super-smart, but they're also super-fun and relatively normal people. The job comes with a built in social life, if you want it. That makes it extremely easy for those who move to the Bay Area without knowing many people.

Cons

Explosive growth and rapid hiring makes it sometime feel like a ton of people are getting hired into the spaces where you think you'd be promoted.

Advice to Management

Step our press game up. If we're confident our products are the best they can be, then we shouldn't keep having PR trouble.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in this company has incredible energy and passion for what they do. You get to work with some really smart people without any of the politics I've seen with other employers. Everyone is trying their best to be awesome at whatever it is that they do and having fun at the same time.

Cons

At 37, I'm one of the old guys.

Advice to Management

It will be a challenge to keep things the way they are, particularly as we continue to grow.