Facebook - Opportunity of a lifetime to solve cutting edge problems. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Opportunity of a lifetime to solve cutting edge problems."

Current Employee - Principal in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Principal in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are not only super-smart, but they're also super-fun and relatively normal people. The job comes with a built in social life, if you want it. That makes it extremely easy for those who move to the Bay Area without knowing many people.

Cons

Explosive growth and rapid hiring makes it sometime feel like a ton of people are getting hired into the spaces where you think you'd be promoted.

Advice to Management

Step our press game up. If we're confident our products are the best they can be, then we shouldn't keep having PR trouble.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in this company has incredible energy and passion for what they do. You get to work with some really smart people without any of the politics I've seen with other employers. Everyone is trying their best to be awesome at whatever it is that they do and having fun at the same time.

Cons

At 37, I'm one of the old guys.

Advice to Management

It will be a challenge to keep things the way they are, particularly as we continue to grow.

"The best place in the world to work - if you could call it work (its more of a lifestyle)."

Current Employee - Manager, IT in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, IT in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best place in the world to be. Environment is all about engineers. Benefits, management, direction, culture - all very very positive items about the company. Keep up the great work Mark!!!!!!!

Cons

Not much negative. I find myself wanting to come to work and participate. Sometimes, I don't want to leave... So oddly, it can make for a long day sometimes.