Facebook - A truly great workplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"A truly great workplace"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers - Facebook employs extraordinary people, working with such amazing people makes all the difference.
Open environment - Facebook encourages you to break the boundaries, you should are always welcome to come up with new ideas, crazy as they seam.
Great benefits and perks - The campus in MPK is amazing, gym, food, laundry, coffee, doctor, everything for the employees. The 4 month parental leave wasn't bad either.

Cons

Facebook outside MPK is not as great. The remote locations don't have the same range of perks and won't be as great to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Come here if you want to make an impact."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined facebook coming from 8 years in the Financial Services industry. Wow, what a world of difference. 2 biggest pros come to mind:

- Openness. Do you have an issue with a colleague or something facebook is doing? No problem. Take care of it. Facebook encourages its employees to be open and give feedback for things they think should be improved.

- Do you want to see your impact on 1 billion users? Come to facebook. Although I'm not in engineering, I work with a lot of software engineers, including interns, who constantly talk about the things they work on and how they love showing these off to their friends and family.

Cons

- Being 7 months new, I am still in the process of thinking of areas of improvement.

Advice to Management

- Continue the openness that we have at the company. We love hearing your ideas for the future!

"Smart, conscientious coworkers and an employer that treats us well"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are ridiculously smart and competent. Every day I learn something new from one of them. We move fast and think about having impact on the world. Our site is used by a billion people. The company cares about its employees' quality of life; we have excellent food, shuttles to/from San Francisco, a culture that eschews meetings, great ergonomics, onsite medical care, and a gym. New engineers go through "bootcamp," which exposes you to all aspects of the codebase in a friendly environment where you're allowed to ask n00bish questions and bond with other new engineers.

Cons

It's difficult to come up with meaningful downsides to working here. We move very fast, so I don't always have time to be a perfectionist (but in general that's a good thing). Our codebase is huge and it can be difficult to find documentation.