Facebook - The experience of a lifetime | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"The experience of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left Google due to all the red tape, process, communication difficulties across teams and depts, etc. Facebook will undoubtedly face these challenges as well as they grow, but at this current stage, they've taken more of an open, "move fast and break things" approach. I love the freedom given to explore, share, collaborate, and HACK. I didn't feel I had much of this freedom at Google - and there is much less (pretty much none) of the "Engineer vs. Everyone else" caste system that Google is famous for.

I am incredibly relieved, and satisfied, that I made the jump. I've been at many of silicon valley's top tier companies in my 15 years here in SV. After 15 years here, I have a pretty strong idea of what I want and what I don't want - so I can say with confidence that Facebook is my lifer job - I plan on staying here a WHILE.

Cons

The speed at which things move here can be daunting for the uninitiated, but if you've been at top tier companies before, it's nothing unique. Just do your research and know what you are getting into. There is a lot of work, and a lot of reward to be had, but only if you reach for it.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing - be transparent, egalitarian, and open. I love the way we are treated so well here. I love our internal groups for open discussion without having to resort to email. The integration of our work duties and services into our FB accounts themselves is amazing and ingenius.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Super talented co-workers
    - Facebook really is changing the world
    - Very easy to have a large impact inside the company
    - Strong focus on enabling everyone to do their best work. In particular this means focusing on keeping non productive overhead to a minimum, giving everyone the hardware, training, etc they need to succeed, preventing unhealthy corporate politics and continuously looking for ways to make engineers more productive

Cons

Changing the world is hard work, but everyone really believes in what we are doing which makes it fun at the same time

"Great Learning Opportunity and the best People"

Current Employee - Software Engineering New Grad in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering New Grad in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are Awesome.
    They help you grow and a very open-minded and supporting environment
    Great Perk.
    I feel less Politics in career track as long as you gain support and trust from team members.

Cons

People are too good and you feel peer pressure in terms of trying to survive from a company where many of the people enjoy and love what they do and are full of passion.

Advice to Management

Keep the Culture while growing the employees.