Facebook - Level of Care is Astonishing | Glassdoor

"Level of Care is Astonishing"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Open Culture Free Food Work with Bright people Access to Senior leadership 4 months paternity leave Virtually Unlimited resources Community is at the core of FB. I’ve never worked at a company that cares so much about its people. Taking care of yourself and working sustainably is part of the culture. All the amenities are there to keep you focused (or distracted). Food, snacks, multiple gyms (with classes), car...

Cons

It’s so good that it would be hard to work anywhere else. I’m destroyed for life. If it’s your first job I would feel bad because this is NOT a true view of the working world. If you’re humble enough to appreciate that then you should be ok. I believe people can develop a degree of entitlement and hubris in this environment. You can run into folks like that, but the majority of others are great.

Advice to Management

Mark is doing a fantastic job managing a service that over 2 Billion people use worldwide. The way FB has evolved so much so fast has brought a lot of unexpected uses. Stay the course, and don’t stray from what people love most about FB. Connecting with Friends and Family.

Facebook2018-07-07
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Learned a lot here, nice place

Cons

5 words 5 words 5

Facebook2019-08-16

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.