Facebook - Challenge, Chaos, and Impact | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Challenge, Chaos, and Impact"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The smartest people with the most passion about what they work on.
-People who legitimately want to make people's lives better through open communication.
-Amazing technological infrastructure worked on by everyone at the company - not just a core team.
-Leadership that thinks about the future and makes every effort to move towards it.

Cons

-A lot of work. No lie, people expect a lot out of you and you will work hard. It'll be challenging problems with no clear solutions because people haven't operated at this scale before.
-Leadership visibility. You will be in meetings with the senior leaders about day-to-day matters.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Company of opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom to choose what you want to work on. Also, the company does its best to ensure you have everything you need to do your job really well. And bunch of very smart people to work with.

Cons

Too much ambiguity. if you are someone that expects to be told what to work on and what needs to be done, this ain't the place for you.

"Facebook is the best place to realize your full potential and keep pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a huge potential for impact. If you have a great idea and can convince others to join you, there is very little process stopping you from building awesome new stuff and shipping it to the world. Practically everyone I know, and everyone I meet, has used the software that I've written.

The company culture and values are amazing and everyone is totally on board with them. There is no politics or infighting and everyone is really on the same team trying to make facebook better.

Facebookers are extremely smart people and super passionate about their work. We aren't afraid to take on new risks or big challenges.

The technology stack is mind boggling. When I started at facebook a few years ago, every day I learned something that made my jaw drop. The same thing still happens to me on a regular basis years later.

Mark and Sheryl make a great pair of leaders that I have the utmost confidence in.

There are excellent learning and development programs/opportunities that help you progress in your career.

The benefits are obviously awesome too.

Cons

We don't really do april fools jokes which is kind of a bummer.

There are some dragons in the code base, and they breath fire.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.