Facebook - Best job I ever had! | Glassdoor

"Best job I ever had!"

Current Employee - Developer Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Developer Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic culture: FB is moving fast so there are lots of opportunities to work on interesting projects.
- Impact: you get to work on projects that affect millions of people every day! It's hugely rewarding!
- Great facilties. Facebook is a fun place to work with a great work environment. This starts with having top-notch screens to nicely designed break out areas.
- loads of benefits, e.g. health care, free food
- loads of opportunities to grow within the company. Facebook is still small, so there is always a career path that will enable you to grow into a management role or into a highly impactful individual role!
- lots of travel if you're up for it
- Learn: Facebook has a great team that focusses on providing you with training around communication, presentation, time keeping, management skills. Whatever you are interested in!

Cons

- work load is high so good project/time management skills are a plus!

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. "I've worked here for one year, and still loving it!"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are very kind the work is challenging but you expand your knowledge and much more!

Cons

I spend lots of time away from home and family.

"Move fast and do fun things"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Facebook from a small startup (acquired by FB), and was very skeptical about joining a big company. However, I've been pleasantly surprised. Facebook really does move fast and provides individuals with a lot of autonomy to make decisions. The culture of the company encourages people to take risks, and I've been humbled by how talented some of my coworkers are.

Cons

Things are growing pretty quickly at Facebook, and sometimes it might feel like there are too many projects going on simultaneously. If you're not someone who thrives in a somewhat uncertain and fast-paced environment, it might not be as much fun being at Facebook.