Facebook - Amazing place. Huge opportunity to impact all of humanity along with great co-workers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Amazing place. Huge opportunity to impact all of humanity along with great co-workers."

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great co-workers - passionate, talented, ambitious, yet humble.
- Opportunity to impact a billion users
- Great work culture - move fast, no bureaucracy.
- Great management

Cons

- Work environment can be a bit unstructured
- We move too fast sometimes and break a few things in the process

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing well. Hire more awesome senior leaders - technical and management. Keep taking big bold bets.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Facebook is the best place to realize your full potential and keep pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish."

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a huge potential for impact. If you have a great idea and can convince others to join you, there is very little process stopping you from building awesome new stuff and shipping it to the world. Practically everyone I know, and everyone I meet, has used the software that I've written.

The company culture and values are amazing and everyone is totally on board with them. There is no politics or infighting and everyone is really on the same team trying to make facebook better.

Facebookers are extremely smart people and super passionate about their work. We aren't afraid to take on new risks or big challenges.

The technology stack is mind boggling. When I started at facebook a few years ago, every day I learned something that made my jaw drop. The same thing still happens to me on a regular basis years later.

Mark and Sheryl make a great pair of leaders that I have the utmost confidence in.

There are excellent learning and development programs/opportunities that help you progress in your career.

The benefits are obviously awesome too.

Cons

We don't really do april fools jokes which is kind of a bummer.

There are some dragons in the code base, and they breath fire.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"A fun ride, with lots of opportunities to soar"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture is very open and honest, and the heavy use of groups internally keeps everyone accountable to others. Company-wide Q&As also keep the management team transparent.
    - The work you do is high impact, and products iterate quickly
    - Hackamonths actively encourage engineers to try a different team occasionally
    - Lots of opportunities to continue learning, like training for iOS and android development

Cons

- Work/life balance can be tough, depending on the team. This is up to personal preference though, and many teams (especially those in infrastructure) have more stable projects.
    - Coasting doesn't work here, you always have to be actively improving and not rest on laurels