Facebook - Fast paced and always exciting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Fast paced and always exciting"

Current Employee - Partner Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Partner Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get work with some of the smartest people in Silicon Valley as well as in our offices around the world. The flexible work structure ensures people are always working on highly levered tasks they're excited about.

Cons

Working at a really fast pace also means you're forced to make sacrifices in order to get a product out the door.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Awesome perks, awesome challenges"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

_Everyone is world-class in everything they do, from PMs to Legal to Engineers who are some of the best around.
    _The challenges are huge, the impact is vast
    _Anyone can propose ideas and try them out as an experiment, the best experiments will make it out to 1 billion people!
    _Free food
    _Tons of awesome perks

Cons

_Can be hard to manage work/life balance sometimes, but that's mostly because there isn't enough time in the workday to work on everything I want to work on...

Advice to Management

Management can sometimes steer the company in another direction too fast which can cause organisational whiplash. Try to plan out a bit farther ahead and have less knee-jerk reactions to change everything all at once.

"Move fast and break things"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Facebook is a rapidly growing company where you can work on digital products (and the infrastructure that support them) that impact a billion people around the world. The company culture is richer and uplifted more-so than any other company I've worked at (including Microsoft, IBM, and NYT). We're encouraged to take control of and have ownership over our work, micro-management is micro-managed out and big-impact work is rewarded (even—no especially—if it's not sexy).

There are few places in the world which provide the hat-trick of being an exciting place to work, provide freedom to work on what you want, and provide social and cultural impact to a significant portion of global humanity.

Cons

The biggest downside is the double-edged sword of Facebook's culture. It's easy to get lost in the whirlwind of cool stuff, great perks and exciting smart people and forget to get something done. For those cranking away, the intentional self-exploration (hackathons, etc) can result in the occasional duplicated work or dead-ends. You can't say we won't take risks and try new things, instead you could say this might happen a little too much. Also, Facebook is a pretty constant target of the media for both good and bad news. This can be a bit trying when you just want to get your job done and your friends and family are bugging you about the latest features added (or not added).

Advice to Management

Maintain what makes Facebook great as it continues to grow.