Facebook - The best place I have ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"The best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of challenging problems to work on. Lots of really smart people to work with. And a really nice environment to work in. 3 meals a day - with varied menus and options. Fully stocked micro kitchens. 21 days vacation per year (plus sick days).

Cons

While the site (in Menlo Park) is really nice, its difficult to get to - from almost anywhere. I hate my commute.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Move fast and break things"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anyone can make an immediate impact in the organization, especially those at Menlo Park HQ. The perks are great and the culture is awesome.

Cons

In moving fast, process is sometimes disregarded. You have to assert yourself to make your role work because everyone else is too busy and driven to hold your hand.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The challenge is to maintain the culture and sense of urgency as the company grows and more people are away from HQ

"A demanding and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook's environment is fast paced and exciting. New problems jump up at you all the time and it is a joy to work towards fixing them. It is really a problem solver's dream. Management generally does whatever they can to aide in the solving of problems and removing road blocks. The process overhead is kept to a minimum and we are encouraged to point out areas that are too encumbered by process. The perks on campus are excellent and varied. The people that I get to work with on a day to day basis are enjoyable and very intelligent.

Cons

Mostly due to the speed that Facebook moves, we tend to accumulate a lot of technical debt. This debt is allowed to lay dormant until it becomes a major problem and then is addressed. I wish we could do more to address this technical debt before it became a problem.