Facebook - The best place I have ever worked | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"The best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of challenging problems to work on. Lots of really smart people to work with. And a really nice environment to work in. 3 meals a day - with varied menus and options. Fully stocked micro kitchens. 21 days vacation per year (plus sick days).

Cons

While the site (in Menlo Park) is really nice, its difficult to get to - from almost anywhere. I hate my commute.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"A demanding and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook's environment is fast paced and exciting. New problems jump up at you all the time and it is a joy to work towards fixing them. It is really a problem solver's dream. Management generally does whatever they can to aide in the solving of problems and removing road blocks. The process overhead is kept to a minimum and we are encouraged to point out areas that are too encumbered by process. The perks on campus are excellent and varied. The people that I get to work with on a day to day basis are enjoyable and very intelligent.

Cons

Mostly due to the speed that Facebook moves, we tend to accumulate a lot of technical debt. This debt is allowed to lay dormant until it becomes a major problem and then is addressed. I wish we could do more to address this technical debt before it became a problem.

"need a more private work place"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast moving company. Good compensation. One of the most recognizable companies in the world.

Cons

Family work life balance can be a little tough for people with actual family. Open table work environment can be counter-productive for engineers. Too much noise and visual distraction is quite negative for a positive work flow. Seems to suit new college graduates since it looks more like college computer lab and a mature/productive workplace design.

Advice to Management

Provide a work place with more privacy.