Facebook - My worst day at Facebook is my best day at any other company | Glassdoor

"My worst day at Facebook is my best day at any other company"

Current Employee - Media Partnerships - Employment Brand in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

The mission-driven culture and passionate, brilliant people I work with are by far the biggest pro. The free meals, on-site gyms, healthcare, commuter reimbursements and compensation packages are best in class. I really feel like I am doing the best work of my career here. The challenges we face in the wake of press mentions and bad actors abusing our platform causes us to band together and focus in on fixing problems.

Cons

Frequent changes in work flow process and org structure. Lack of established KPIs on my team cause many to operate inefficiently in silos.

Advice to Management

Put more time and thought into planning and executing an annual global media strategy. This would make for more strategic, thoughtful and unified deployment of our campaigns vs reacting to ad-hoc requests throughout the year. Continue to develop managers before placing them into a management roles.

Facebook2018-10-02
  1. "Amazing company, nothing like it!"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Eagle Mountain, UT

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

People oriented Good hiring strategy that attracts the best and brightest Great pay and so many benefits Little politics and a lot of support

Cons

Company growing fast and not all the processes are well defined

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! I have never worked for a more professional, caring and results oriented company!!

Facebook2019-07-16

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.