Facebook - Seriously an amazing place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Seriously an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

* Incredibly smart and intensely motivated peers.
* Immense opportunity. There a ton of growth and a lot of things that can be done. People with initiative do really well here.
* The world sees the impact of what you're working on. All my friends and family use the product and it's rewarding to work on something that keeps us all connected.
* Amazing food. We get breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner served up by the best chefs around. Menus change daily and my favorite to date has been the Willy Wonka themed lunch menu. Sushi day is legit too.
* Flexible work schedules. 9 to 5 is dead, work the times that best work for you and your job.
* Fun (Game Day, random toga party, RipStiks, cool people, etc.)

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth and the office can get a bit noisy at times. My last job was at Google and I have to say that facebook is a far better place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent to employees. This is one of the best parts about working at facebook and it's important that employees all are informed of why we're doing things the way we're doing them.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Facebook, absolutely by far, my favorite place to have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Everyone talks about the free food, fun environment, etc but I definitely think the most valued benefit to working at facebook is the ability to basically set your own hours, freedom to work from home when you want and as much as you want/can, and all this with little to no interference from management. It's just great to know that if you're not feeling well but not necessarily "too sick to work" you can stay home and work (they provide laptops)....oh and...sick days are not counted against your vacation if you really needed to take a real sick day anyhow.

Cons

Because of the work from home policy, you do find yourself basically working all the time in a way. Some say it's a downside, I personally loved it! As long as I got my work done my boss didn't care how much I was actually in the office. However, I do have to say, that I did NOT abuse this. I really only worked from home when I absolutely needed to. I'd say out of a year I probably worked from home maybe about 2wks worth.

Advice to Management

Develop a fair company-wide bonus structure where all employees can work towards and feel rewarded for accomplishments. A review process is also needed, but one that actually results in employer/employee feedback and raise/bonus.

"Facebook, a great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It's a great place where the company is small enough for you to make a difference, but the product is used by millions. It's great to work on something you love using every day. The hours are flexible, and the package is great- free gourmet food is served 3 meals a day. You really learn a lot, since you get thrown into the mix quite quickly. Also, the people at the company happen to be extraordinarily smart and pretty passionate.

Cons

You can work a lot right before a project gets shipped, but that's the case with a lot of engineering jobs.

Advice to Management

Good job.