Facebook - The thrill of it all | Glassdoor

"The thrill of it all"

Current Employee - Global Brand Partnerships in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am living my dream job at Facebook. No day is ever alike and I get to tackle challenging problems surrounded by the best and brightest minds. The commuter reimbursement, free excellent food, 401 k matching and other great benefits overall are by far the best pros. My manager is the best, she helps us see around corners, protects her team from burnout and leads with transparency.

Cons

We have to react to negative press which can be daunting, but it's a part of the job. Honestly there aren't other cons I can think of. My worst day at Facebook is my best day at any other company.

Advice to Management

Keep leading with transparency and providing world class benefits to your employees.

Facebook2019-07-22
  1. "Facebook jobs aren't just in CA!"

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Altoona, IA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent culture- inclusive, open, transparent, fun. Growing with a purpose- company mission, values, and pillars drive decision making and are frequently referred back to. Flat in a good way- positions/titles/experiences very rarely get in the way of impactful, intelligent conversations and decision making.

Cons

You have to embrace the company's desire to maintain a "start-up" mentality even 15 years, 10s of thousands of employees, and multiple billions in revenue...it can be a little startling but provides a lot of opportunity to provide impact!

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the moral high ground and transparency that has been recently demonstrated. The right thing is often not the easy thing. Also, continue to work to educate legislators and regulators on our tech so that they can ask better questions during hearings.

Facebook2020-01-23

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Discover more reviews about Facebook.