Facebook - Does not "connect" with contractors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

"Does not "connect" with contractors"

Current Employee - Legal Triage Technician in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Legal Triage Technician in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food. Free transportation. Get to put Facebook on your resume. Casual work attire.

Cons

If you are a CONTRACTOR you will be treated like a second class citizen, you will have no voice. Will not be considered for advancement, even if there are positions available. Actual employees work less than the contractors. FB hires contractors to do work that will be constantly needed, front desk, kitchen staff, IT Help Desk to name a few. It's as if they don't want the "help" to be officially apart of their team. The FB you see online is not the same as in the office.

Advice to Management

You have more than enough money. Hire people and give them job security. Especially for people that are doing jobs that won't be going away. 2+ years as a "contractor"......Give me a break!

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Move fast, learn a ton, and have fun"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I never knew a company could move so fast and get so much done while still kind of being out of control. The norm wasn't to follow a policy or to go by the book, but instead to continually innovate and ask why we do things the way we do. I was constantly challenged by the high caliber of my peers around me. I worry that I may never find such a great work environment again.

Cons

Work/life balance is great at Facebook, IF your entire life is Facebook. The lines begin to blur fairly early on between personal and work. This probably isn't a problem for the majority of early 20 somethings working at FB, but I found it challenging as a 30 something with kids.

"Working on really challenging problems for a high salary."

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide area of difficult problems affecting billions of people so there's a high chance to find something interesting for you.
    Great open atmosphere.
    A lot of company perks.

Cons

Not very developed internal tools.
    Work space design and canteen menus can be improved.
    Not much focus on deep advanced technology research.