Facebook - It’s hard to overstate how great everyone is here | Glassdoor

"It’s hard to overstate how great everyone is here"

Current Employee - Product Design Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at lots of other companies and the range of talent, skill, and professionalism usually varied widely. So far my experience at Facebook has been working with amazingly smart, talented, and just super kind, fun people. Forget all the other many perks. This is the best part for me.

Cons

Sometimes there are just too many things going on. It’s challenging to put things in perspective and make sure you live a balanced life. It I think you could say this at any job that you truly enjoy.

Advice to Management

Try and keep things that are working and modify things that need to be fixed as we scale.

Facebook2019-08-25

"Dream job"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Highly meaningful work with huge impact. It's challenging. It's interesting. - Most transparent company I've ever worked at. - A lot of autonomy . - You never stop learning. - Work revolves around more than the review cycle. - Ambition and ideas are rewarded. - Leadership is thoughtful, fair, kind, empathetic. So are middle managers -- heck, so are people on every team I work with. - I want to spend... the duration of my career at Facebook.

Cons

- Pressure to move very quickly. - Work/life balance can suffer sometimes (there are phases of very manageable workload and burn out). - Can get bureaucratic sometimes as most big companies do.

Facebook2019-12-03

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Discover more reviews about Facebook.